Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Airplane!

Here goes, we are going to discuss the fabric of nanofibers on accelerated anti-matter based broad space spectrum. Enjoy. (The title is just a punchline and will come later).

Now for all seriousness. I been feeling desperate and rather lonely for the past few months that I have moved into the dorming life, and it wasn't until very recently that I stumbled across the root of the problem by chance.

Acceptance (and Love) comes in all shapes and forms, but it is as vital as a resource to our bodies as the water we drink and the pepperoni pizza with mushrooms we eat.

I found whenever I came home from school, I felt like a warm blanket was wrapped around me. It was just a feeling indescribable, home was so warm, so welcoming, so right. It is this layer of familiarity and love that I felt missing while I was at the college having no close friends and not getting the success I wanted with pretty girls.

I remember what theBirthdayPony said about the mindset of "Not wanting a women for the rest of your life". I see it's power and I revel in it's sweetness, I can call a girl or three and not be attached at all to the outcome because I am detached. My ego is removed from her responses. I don't NEED her to respond, to hang out, to cuddle, to have sex with.

I met two cool Israeli cats whom I play ping pong and smoke hookah with that I can call my good friends. One of them is an amatuer photographer and another is a semi-womanizer, and we went to explore the dark abandoned building that was a nightclub for graduate students right here on our campus (spooky place, we heard noises).

My close friends from back home called me and we had a chat (both of them) that lasted at least an hour long each. Then I bonded with my suitemates over the poker table and we sat and laughed and I founded a gym buddy among them. People I can call my friends for the first time here despite the countless acquaintances I bumped into here.

I sit here now and I don't feel bad about not having a woman in my life, my love and acceptance comes from good friends and family. Nobody could ever take them away from me. I based my acceptance on the prowess of getting women the first few months here because I thought it would be so cool to have guys see me every night in my room with the door closed and making noises.

I won't lie, but going through my gmail account and seeing all those advertisments and newsletters for seduction and dating advice, I realize they all prey on your insecurity. You're not good enough, you're not attractive enough, you're movie date sucks, take her on a roller coaster to replicate the feelings of danger, the workshop is only available only for one more week and discounted prices, take more chances... etc.

First of all, you need to accept yourself first.

Your sense of ego shouldn't be dependent on the success of women or what other people tell you. Your sense of acceptance and love should be based on your family, friends, and people who really like you. You need to have something you are working towards, a goal, hobbies, working out at the gym to become healthier. Write a fucking poem, a short story, a verse, a novel if need be. Your life has to have a sense of purpose and you must like your sense of purpose.

If you do not accept yourself first, and you try to peddle your toe in the pool that is women than I swear to you that you will be destroyed before you know it.

Once you finally accept yourself, then only then can you dip into the dating life. You are independent from women, you don't NEED them, you only want them, it's a bonus. You are completely satisfied without them, you can live life and still be happy.

I texted messaged a chick, I don't care if she responds. I canceled an offer for sex last night. I had one too many Bailey's and Guinness's anyway. I don't NEED anything other than to be happy with myself.

Think of it as water and food on the famous Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs pyramid. You need food and water before you can go for the higher things. You need friends and family to love yourself as much as you need food to survive. So have that, and make sure you love yourself enough before another person would want to love you.

Thanks for reading, let me talk about the airplane.

This is fun, I discovered this recently and it works especially for the more carefree and playful people out there. Meet a girl, chat, then as you're walking with her laughing and having a good time... it's time to... meet the... AIRPLANE!

Warn her.

"Uh oh, guess what?"
What?
"Airplane time!"
Whaaaaaa?
"Too late!"

Proceed to grab both her shoulders with your arms and stand behind her, then push her around, making airplane noises, until she tells you to stop. Which could be a while because she's laughing her ass off and both of you are having the grandeur time of your lives.

Forget everything else, all the rules, standards, work, pressures, stress and just let you and your lady friend a chance to be a kid again. Even if just for that little moment. She'll appreciate what you can give her that no other man has a chance to dare to. Two little children in the big playground that is the world.

It's been empirically proven... yo. :-)

5 comments:

Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cooper said...

Hey Dude :-)

Great Blog!

ITotem said...

Can't wait to try the airplane time next time I go out hahaha :)

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your site.
Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues?

A number of my blog readers have complained about my website not operating correctly
in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?


Here is my blog post :: cheap trucking companies []

Anonymous said...

I every time emailed this webpage post page to all my
friends, for the reason that if like to read it then my links will too.



Here is my homepage: recovery truck insurance (trilln.com)