Friday, December 15, 2006

Lost in a crowd of a thousand friends

One of my closest friends called me last night and we had an amazing chat over the phone at midnight. She said I was deaf, and I teased that her thick English accent is what my ignorant American brain can't seem to comprehend. Although perhaps I do have a hearing problem (STOP jerking off so much! maybe thats why, you twat!), that doesn't mean that other people can't hear me. I don't know how tired or drunk I was that day with her on the noisy subway when i said this, but she said that it really hit home for her. We were on the topic of people and relationships, I remember vaguely what I said.

"You know when we are on the subway right now, all these people sitting around us, all these millions of people out there all around you in the city. They all could be our best friends and lovers if we truly got a chance to really know every each of them, but the hard part thats holding us back is to actually connect to them in a way that they let down their barriers or masks for them to reveal their true selves to you. Therefore, everybody on board this train is my best friend, they just don't believe it yet."

Circumstances and social conditioning has limited us from connecting to amazing people, let that not be. Let us be the few diplomats of the world and bring people closer together.


I am glad that somebody admires my perspective of the world. I hope she will be happier for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

“...Beneath the skin, beyond the different features
and into the true heart of being,
fundamentally, we are more alike, my friend,
than we are unalike.”
-Maya Angelou

Anonymous said...

I love this mindset. Sure to help with AA or sarging alone. Everyone is a friend.

Anonymous said...

Transcending pickup and arriving at the bigger picture... I like the direction your blog is taking. Keep on rockin it into the new year!