Thursday, November 16, 2006

Assume The Other Person Has Value

We'll all like to be treated like royalty. Just imagine it, (not the part about the servants feeding you grapes and fanning you with a big banana leaf part) people all over the land will give a certain kind of respect to you. They would expect the king to be of a certain status and ask you questions from a position of assumption like, "How was the dealings at the court?" or "Have you flogged the heretic who stole my clown shoes?” That may be just shitty examples, but when you are dealing with a king. You expect him to be of a certain value.

As I was reading through Wayne's e-book, mybirthdaypony, and Social Hitchhiker's blogs. I noticed that they all share a similar writing style. They all have a tendency to speak to you in a way that assumes you know a bit about social skills, they make you feel already like a PUA. They expect you to be an intelligent and hardworking individual who is open to new ideas, but they would never teach you what exact words to say to a woman or the ABC's.

Reading Mystery's handbook a while back, and also reading a lot of community related blogs, I noticed that they have this very harsh writing style. I feel like I am being told WHAT to do and how the way they do it is better than mine, either that or they just post all these bad LRs with full of ego and no actual information I could use from it. They are talking down to you in a sense, like the way a bad friend tells you that his way of doing things is better.

I noticed a lot of the community is wrapped up in this sense, but I'll do a separate post on my thoughts on the community later on.

In comparing Wayne and Mystery's books, and also with meeting and working with Wayne, Wayne has a way of making you feel like you are already pretty damn good with woman (even if you weren’t, like I was when I first read Wayne's e-book). And he shares his experiences in his e-book, and it is ultimately left to the READER to decide if he wants to relate to it and to use his ideas.

One of the things I got on that November weekend is assumption, so you assume that the person you are talking to already has a bit of value. That's why you ask open ended questions and assume they are reading philosophy because you expect them to be of that caliber. You can get really far if you can make the person are talking to feel that you are connecting and relating on a same level.

Everybody is amazing, so that’s when you come in and expect them to be. If I don't have a good opener, I will assume. If a group of girls is on the train and they are wearing really hip clothes, I would say "So, how was clubbing?” And it doesn’t really matter if they did or not, it assumes that you expect them to be cool, and they assume that you are cool because you are confident enough to assume.

See how it works both ways?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scribe, so far so good, I will be checking in to see how you're progressing. I'm sort of in the same spot myself, having become newly single and getting out there.

I have a question, have you given some thought to what you'd like to get out of this blog? If you have, I'd be curious to hear what it is.

JC said...

Hey thanks, I actually have readers now! That is really cool.

It happened the beginning of this week, I see social interactions that my friends have and the interactions that I have and from my experiences in the past in a different light. I begin now to see what makes a person likable and what makes a person not.

This blog is not exclusive to community or dating, I have a theory about likable people and winning over people to your side of the fence. Also, I have a radically different perspective of the community, there are some thing I agree with and don't.

I am here to share my perspective of social dynamics and a undiluted and unegotistic (such word?) approach to the community. As you can see, I haven't done crazy amount of approaches, being a PUA is not my goal, My goal is just to be able to be a happier person that people magnetically tend to be attracted to.

Thats the goal I hope to get from this blog. Are you Pieter from TheBirthdayPony's blog?

Aero said...

Nice blog... you have another subscribed reader ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Scribe,

I like where you're going with this. I too do not want to become some PUA machine and am striving to be a charismatic individual that people genuinely enjoy being around and interacting with. It'll be interesting to see where this journey takes us!

Vibe

Anonymous said...

I savour, result in I found just what I was looking for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Also visit my web blog ... auto insurance personal